Tuesday 22 September 2015

31 Day Challenge - inspired by a song

I've been looking forward to this prompt! I chose to do a mani inspired by the Box Tops song "The Letter":
Give me a ticket for an aeroplane,
Ain't got time to take a fast train.
Lonely days are gone, I'm a-going home,
My baby just wrote me a letter.



I painted my nails with Ciate's Sugar Plum, then stamped using plates:
Winstonia "On The Road" (aeroplane and tickets)
Cici and Sisi 01 (the clock)
Born Pretty Store BPL-021 (the couple)
Winstonia W102 (the love letter).

The train was a water decal which I made myself, and the heart on the letter was coloured in with Kleancolor Be Wild With Class.

I love having the colours of the stamping decal but I struggle with getting the topcoat thick enough to peel the decal off without getting too thick - i got some bubbles with this, frustratingly.

and here's a YouTube video of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment